- Iowa is a national leader in wind energy, producing the highest percentage of electricity by wind of any state.
- Iowa generated 28.5 percent of its electricity from wind energy with 5,688 megawatts (MW) of installed wind by the end of 2014.1
- By the end of 2015, Iowa is expected to have over 6,300 MW of installed wind energy that would account for over 30 percent of generation.
- New wind projects are being proposed that would bring Iowa to over 7,000 MW of wind by 2017.
- On April 30, 2015, Alliant Energy announced it is seeking bids for 200 MW of new wind.2 On May 1, 2015, MidAmerican Energy announced plans to build 552 MW of new wind energy.3
Download Complete Article: Iowa Wind Fact Sheet